By default, the only way to see how a new theme looks on your site is to
activate it, making it visible to everyone who visits. With this plugin, it
is possible to view how a new theme looks without activating it.
Possible future enhancements:
- Add an options screen.
- Allow choice of theme to preview from a known list of installed themes.
- Provide persistent previews by setting a cookie.
- Restrict preview ability by user Roles/Capabilities.
- Child-theme friendliness.
May not work properly with child themes. This is because it will not be able
to inherit from the parent theme as it normally would.
- Upload the
theme-previewfolder and its contents to your
- Activate in the
- Visit your site with a special parameter added to the URL
Add query variables
preview_css to your query
string. For example, if you have a theme named “My Theme”, which is
installed in your
wp-content/themes/my-theme directory, add the theme’s
directory name to your URL like this:
Sometimes, you create a new look for your site by just making new CSS, but
you keep the existing PHP files intact. In that case, you con use the
preview_css variable instead of
preview_theme, or use them both
together, like this:
There are no reviews for this plugin.
მონაწილეები & დეველოპერები
“Theme Preview” ღია პროგრამული უზრუნველყოფაა. შემდეგმა ადამიანებმა წვილი შეიტანეს მის განვითარებაში.მონაწილეები
- SECURITY: Eliminate directory traversal, limit themes to registered directories.
- Fixed to work with newer versions of WordPress.
- Tested with WordPress 3.0-alpha