Offline Shell is a WordPress plugin which utilizes the client side ServiceWorker API to cache theme files for performance and offline purposes.
The WordPress admin can select which files to cache, update the cache list at any time, and see their site performance improve while ensuring important assets are available offline.
Installation of the plugin is simple:
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/wp-offline-shelldirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->Offline Shell screen to configure the plugin
- Check the “Enable Service Worker” checkbox and then select individual files you’d like cached. These assets should be files you use on most pages.
- Does this plugin allow for offline reading of content?
No, but couple this plugin with the Offline Content plugin and you can have functioning pages and assets offline.
- Does this plugin modify my theme files?
Absolutely not — no files are modified or generated by this plugin.
- When should the theme file options be updated?
It’s best to update the plugin file options when you’ve added a new file to your theme that you’d like cached. Files that change or are deleted will be automatically detected and will not create problems within the service worker.
- Can I provide feedback?
Of course! Service Workers are an emerging technology so this plugin should be updated often based on feedback from developers using WordPress in different ways
There are no reviews for this plugin.
მონაწილეები & დეველოპერები
“Offline Shell” ღია პროგრამული უზრუნველყოფაა. შემდეგმა ადამიანებმა წვილი შეიტანეს მის განვითარებაში.მონაწილეები
- Added option for cache vs. network race
- Added option for cache+network race
- Don’t try to normalize request because it may cause a illegal referrer problem
- Loading file listing via AJAX for faster admin load
- Adding logic to clear storage for old URLs within the service worker
- Initial release of plugin