WP-WebRTC2 is a WordPress CMS plugin that provides video-chat between two registered visitors to the site on which the plugin is installed. The number of pairs-interlocutor is unlimited. Within of this video-chat, the following are possible: exchange of text messages, files, video recording of a conversation, providing the interlocutor with a view of you computer screen during communication. You can also leave a message to the invited interlocutor, but who is currently not on the video-chat page. When this person appears on the video-chat page, he will read all the messages addressed to him from various registered participants. Then, these messages will be automatically deleted. Thus, if your interlocutor is not yet on the video-chat page, the autoresponder will automatically save your messages to the interlocutor until it appears on the video-chat page. The WP-WebRTC2 plugin is aimed at using browsers: Google Chrome, Fire Fox, Edge, Opera, Yandex.
Recommendation: to improve the quality of the interface, install the plugin WatchMan-Site7
- English [en_EN]
- Russian [ru_RU]
WebRTC2_desktop application has been developed for a client workstation (personal computer or laptop) on the Windows platform, which provides video communication for two registered visitors to the site, on which the WP-WebRTC2 plugin is installed.After launch, the application is located in the system tray of Windows OS in the form of an icon waiting for a call to video communication. When a call comes in, the user can double-click the left mouse button on the icon and see the name of the caller. Right-clicking the user brings up the application menu:
– Setting – settings that the user makes after installing the application.
– Make a call – call the video communication window.
– Cancel call – сanceling an incoming call window.
– Exit – exit the application.
Download installation package WebRTC2_desktop.zip
Instructions for using the WebRTC2_desktop in languages: [Ru], [En]
Duration of the video-chat: The site administrator determines the duration of the video-chat in the range of 1 – 24 hours. If you set 0 hours, video-chat will be unavailable. The current value of the video-chat time will be displayed in the graphical interface of the plugin as a countdown timer.
Disable video-chat for: the site administrator lists the IP addresses of registered site visitors for whom video-chat is prohibited.
Video-chat: The site administrator selects the category of registered visitors for whom video-chat is available.
STUN servers: the site administrator enters a list of stun servers without separating characters, in a column. The recommended list is located below on the settings page and is optional.
TURN server: the site administrator fills in the fields for the turn-server recommended on the plug-in settings page, or any other if he was lucky to find a free turn-server on the Internet 🙂 .
[webrtc2] the site administrator inserts this shortcode on the page of his site, where he wants to have a video-chat for his registered visitors to the site.
Do I need to install additional software for this plugin to provide video chat?
The WP-WebRTC2 plugin does not require additional software. Signaling server functions are provided by the plugin itself. PHP signal ing modules are located in the subfolder of the plugin: wp-webrtc2 / includes / The signaling exchange data is stored in the:
get_option( ‘webrtc2_users_online’ );
get_option( ‘webrtc2_users_guests’ );
get_option( ‘webrtc2_ice_candidates’ );
get_option( ‘webrtc2_sdp_offer’ );
get_option( ‘webrtc2_sdp_answer’ );
get_option( ‘webrtc2_autoresponder’ );
What is the composition and structure of the plugin?
Anatomy of the plugin is described in the article [ru]: Anatomy of the WP-WebRTC2 Plugin
There are no reviews for this plugin.
მონაწილეები & დეველოპერები
“WP-WebRTC2” ღია პროგრამული უზრუნველყოფაა. შემდეგმა ადამიანებმა წვილი შეიტანეს მის განვითარებაში.მონაწილეები
- The first publication of the plugin.
- Tested up to: WordPress 5.3.
- Tested up to: WordPress 5.4.
- An experimental signaling algorithm has been developed that increases the likelihood of peer-to-peer connections in congested networks or not sufficient RAM on users’ computers. Further development of this version (1.1 …) will go in this direction.
- Improved video recording. The screens of two communication participants and text messaging are recorded in one .webm file.
- Refactoring code. Removed code fragment (ice restart).
- Added: webrtc2-processor.js (because ScriptProcessorNode is deprecated).
- Added: webrtc2-rest-api.php (for future development).
- The end user can create his own list of contacts in the Profile.
- Support for video communication from Android mobile devices.
- Remove support webrtc2-rest-api.php
- Using a midi-keyboard (virtual) and synthesizer.
- Transferring a Music Synthesizer to an Audio Worklet.