Fix Media Library fixes inconsistency between wp-content/uploads folder and
Fixes corrupted Media Library database records.
Designed to run smoothly against huge Media Libraries containing hundreds of thousands of images.
- Really old database is used and there are a lot of problems with Media Library found
- New thumbnail sizes are registered
- Some thumbnail sizes are not used anymore (theme change, upgrade), but image files are still exists
- There are Media Library entries present pointing to image files that don’t exist anymore
- Some entries in Media Library are not displayed, while image files are present (_wp_attachment_metadata meta field corrupted)
- There are a lot of images in wp-content/uploads folder that are no longer used
- There are duplicate attachments pointing to the same image file
- Images are used by website, but you can’t find them in Media Library
- You want to update attachments GUID fields containing old/staging urls
- Detects major database corruptions affecting media library functionality
At WowPress.host company we regularly migrate very old databases and clean it up to make sure website using it is running smoothly. Those databases have all different kinds of inconsistencies collected during years or even decades of usage, and Media Library is the most common problematic piece of data here.
That plugin helps to solve most common problems related to Media Library data.
We use a lot of open-source tools in our work, and therefore decided publish our own tools so that those can be used by the community too.
Need Help? Found A Bug? Want To Contribute Code?
Support for this plugin is provided via the WordPress.org forums.
The source code for this plugin is available on GitHub.
Paid support at WowPress.host.
- Go to your admin area and select Plugins → Add New from the menu.
- Search for “Fix Media Library”.
- Click install.
- Click activate.
- Navigate to Tools → Fix Media Library.
მონაწილეები & დეველოპერები
“Fix Media Library” ღია პროგრამული უზრუნველყოფაა. შემდეგმა ადამიანებმა წვილი შეიტანეს მის განვითარებაში.მონაწილეები
Correctly process attachments stored without subfolders, like year/month.
Don’t fail on folders with corrupted-charset characters in filename.
Handle _wp_attachment_backup_sizes metadata – remove on regeneration, ignore on weak references check
Perform basic database structure check