Looking for a way to restrict product access in WooCommerce? Don’t want to set up a full-fledged memberships site?
This tiny plugin allows you to restrict access to any WooCommerce product, depending on the ownership or purchase of other, required products.
- Conditional product access based on the ownership and/or purchase of other required products.
- Support for “ownership”, “purchase” and “ownership/purchase” dependency types.
Developers can checkout and contribute to the source code on the plugin’s GitHub Repository.
Important: Requires WooCommerce 2.2+. WooCommerce 3.0+ or higher recommended.
Like this plugin? You’ll love our official WooCommerce Extensions:
- WooCommerce Product Bundles
- WooCommerce Composite Products
- WooCommerce Conditional Shipping and Payments
- WooCommerce Product Recommendations
- All Products for WooCommerce Subscriptions
Dependencies are evaluated when customers attempt to add a product to their cart. If validation fails, the product cannot be added to the cart and a notice is displayed. In order to evaluate “Ownership”-type dependencies, customers are prompted to log in.
To add dependencies to a product:
- Go to the Product Data > Dependencies tab.
- Use the Product Dependencies field to search for and add some products and/or variations.
- Choose a Dependency Type.
- Update to save your changes.
The “Ownership” dependency type is evaluated by checking if the customer has purchased a required product in a previous order. The “Purchase” dependency type requires the customer to have a required product in the cart in order to purchase the dependent one.
Ownership vs Purchase
The plugin allows you to select between 3 different dependency types:
- Ownership: Access is granted only to customers that already own any of the products added to the Product Dependencies field.
- Purchase: The product can be purchased only in combination with any of the items added to the Product Dependencies field. Ownership is not taken into account.
- Either: Access is granted with ownership or purchase of any item added to the Product Dependencies field.
- Download the plugin.
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard and then click Plugins > Add New.
- Click Upload Plugin at the top.
- Click Choose File and select the .zip file you downloaded in Step 1.
- Click Install Now and Activate the plugin.
მონაწილეები & დეველოპერები
“WooCommerce Product Dependencies” ღია პროგრამული უზრუნველყოფაა. შემდეგმა ადამიანებმა წვილი შეიტანეს მის განვითარებაში.მონაწილეები
- Fix – Prevent products from satisfying their own dependencies.
- Tweak – Declared support for WooCommerce 5.0.
- Tweak – Declared support for WooCommerce 4.2.
- Tweak – Declared support for WC 4.1 and WP 5.4.
- Tweak – Updated plugin headers to declare support for WC 3.9 and WP 5.3.
- Fix – Remove esc_html when rendering custom notices.
- Fix – Products with “Purchase”-type category dependencies cannot be added to the cart although a variation of a product that belongs to the required category has been added to the cart.
- Feature – Introduced category-based dependencies.
- Feature – Added custom dependency notices.
- Feature – Added AND/OR dependency relationship. Can be activated for specific products using the ‘wc_pd_dependency_relationship’ filter.
- Tweak – Tweaked default notices.
- Tweak – Updated description.
- Tweak – Added WooCommerce version headers.
- Fix – Variable product dependencies not validated correctly in the cart.
- Fix – Dependencies not working under WC < 3.0 after last update. Fixed!
- Refactored and cleaned up plugin.
- Fix – Added support for WooCommerce 3.0.
- Tweak – Add links to dependent products in notices.
- Fix – Stray “or” in dependent products list when only one dependency is present.
- Localization – Added Brazilian Portuguese translation.
- Fix – PHP array_values warning.
- Fix – WC 2.3 support.
- Localization – Added Brazilian translation (robertopc)
- Fix – Saving bug
- Fix – WC detection fix
- Tweak – Styling support for WooCommerce v2 write-panels
- Initial release