Create sidebars through an admin interface and apply widgets. Using conditions, apply the sidebars to certain pages / posts depending on what you select.
- Version 1.0 – Initial Release
- Version 1.1 – Passed slug to dynamic_sidebar at end of control mechanism (lost in original changes)
- Upload the entire folder of the plugin (‘sidebars’ folder) to your plugins directory (‘/wp-content/plugins/’ folder).
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- A new item on the menu will appeared that says ‘Sidebars’.
- Also, in your template files, location the function
dynamic_sidebarand replace it with
go_sidebar. The dynamic_sidebar function could be anywhere but it will mostly likely be in the sidebar.php file.
- In what order do the conditions apply?
- The ID of the post / page
- The parent of the post / page
- The category of the post / page
- Get the default sidebar
- Do you need any other template tags besides replacing dynamic_sidebar with go_sidebar?
No. As long as you replace
go_sidebarit will work fine.
There are no reviews for this plugin.