Drive More Sales and Email List Opt-Ins Using Popups
Create conversion-focused campaigns to grow your revenue and email list on your WordPress site with popups, slide-ins, banners, and more!
Popup Maker™ is the best popup plugin WordPress has to offer. It is incredibly versatile & flexible. Bend it to create any type of popup, modal, or content overlay for your WordPress website.
Great plugin! Got the job done
“Love how easy it was to make popups with this!” ~Zac Gordon
With Popup Maker, you can create popups such as:
- Email opt-in popups,
- Content upgrade popups,
- Lead gen popups,
- Ecommerce popups,
- Contact form popups,
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 announcements,
- EU cookie notices,
- Popups to greet visitors from ProductHunt (requires premium Advanced Targeting Conditions feature),
- WooCommerce upsell popups (requires premium WooCommerce feature),
- WooCommerce cross-sell popups (requires premium WooCommerce feature),
- & more.
Check out some examples in our video below:
Great product – best I’ve used!
“I’ve tried many different popup programs, but I must say I find this one the best!” ~@jessefjosserand
Multiple ways to trigger a popup to open including:
- Open automatically (with optional delay)
- Click button (or any other element) to open
- Form submission (open a popup when a form is submitted)
- Open when someone is about to leave your site (requires premium Exit Intent feature)
- Open when someone has scrolled down your page (requires premium Scroll Trigger feature)
Popup Maker integrates with all of the most popular form plugins to allow you to open a popup when a form is submitted or close the popup when a form inside the popup is submitted. Popup Maker integrates with:
- Ninja Forms
- Gravity Forms
- Contact Form 7 (CF7)
- Caldera Forms
- Mailchimp for WordPress (MC4WP)
- Formidable Forms
- and more!
Or, use our own built-in subscriber form! Use our premium features to integrate with:
- More coming soon!
Already created a form in your email marketing service? Using our free version, you can copy and paste any form created by most list building platforms, including but not limited to:
- Constant Contact
- Mail Poet
- Mad Mimi
- and more!
Other Awesome Features
- Use our unique Popup Editor to build any content you can imagine inside of our popups, plus control popup sizing, position, animation, and so much more.
- Conditions allow you to target exactly who will (and will not) see your popups. Target any WordPress content such as: posts, pages, and 26 more!
- Dictate the frequency at which users see your popups using Cookies, and edit how the cookies are created using Cookie Creation Events.
Trusted by many people just like you!
Popup Maker is used on over 600,000 websites and has received over 3,900 5-star reviews just like this one:
Great plugin, everything I needed
“Really nice plugin, simple to use, responsive, a good catch !” ~@lemmmy
Enhance Your WordPress Popups Using Our Premium Features
Need even more features? Popup Maker has over 20 premium features including:
- Exit Intent
- Popup Analytics
- Advanced Targeting Conditions
- Forced Interaction
- And many more!
Want to contribute? We are on GitHub!
Would you like to help translate the best WordPress popup plugin into more languages? Join our WP-Translations Community.
Created by Code Atlantic
Popup Maker is built by the Code Atlantic team. We create high-quality WordPress plugins that help you grow your WordPress sites.
Check out some of our most popular plugins:
What are some ways I can use popups to grow my email list?
People who use Popup Maker to grow their email list have found many creative ways to do so. Some of the most common popups include:
- Exit-intent popups – Asking for an opt-in when someone goes to leave your site, sometimes for a discount or PDF
- Content upgrade popups – Provide more value from your blog posts by giving visitors more resources in exchange for their email address within an optin popup
- White paper popups – Provide industry reports or other white papers using forms within a popup
Even better, Popup Maker integrates with all the most popular form plugins so you can easily embed a form you have already created right into your popups!
What are some ways popups can increase my WooCommerce store’s sales and revenues?
Many people don’t consider popups when trying to find ways to increase conversion rates and revenue on their WooCommerce site but they are actually very effective.
Some popups we have seen work well for ecommerce sites include:
- Cross-sell popups – recommending a companion product when viewing or adding a product to their cart
- Upsell popups – recommending a higher-tier product when viewing or adding a product to their cart
- Cart abandonment popups – offering discounts or support when someone is about to leave the checkout page
Where is your documentation?
You can find our documentation over on our docs site
How do I open a popup?
Using “triggers”, you can customize what makes each popup open. Review our triggers documentation here
How do I stop popups from opening repeatedly?
Using “cookies”, you can set up how long until the popup opens again, if ever. Review our cookies documentation
What do I do if I want a popup to show only on a certain page/post/etc?
Using “conditions”, you can specify where the popup will be shown. Check out our conditions documentation
Why aren’t my popups opening/working?
There are several common causes for this, check this guide for help resolving it.
მონაწილეები & დეველოპერები
“Popup Maker – Popup for opt-ins, lead gen, & more” ღია პროგრამული უზრუნველყოფაა. შემდეგმა ადამიანებმა წვილი შეიტანეს მის განვითარებაში.მონაწილეები
View our complete changelog for up-to-date information on what has been going on with the development of Popup Maker.
v1.18.2 – 07/03/23
- Fix: WP 4.9 missing
v1.18.1 – 03/08/23
- Improvement: Add nonce to asset cache purging for admins.
- Fix: PHP 8.2 Deprecated notices.
- Fix: Bug in asset caching causing assets to falsly determine they couldn’t be writtien.
- Fix: Add backcompat fix for WP >5.3
v1.18.0 – 02/10/2023
- Accessibility: Use newer WCAG
aria-modalattributes and remove
- Improvement: Font Awesome 6 support for close button text.
- Improvement: Add currently loaded popup count to Admin toolbar if enabled.
- Improvement: Debug logging now auto truncates, and limits to 1 write per page load.
- Tweak: Remove extra slash
/from some asset paths.
- Fix: Resolve issues with upgrade process button not always starting when clicked.
- Fix: Extra escaping was causing some code to HTML to not render in dashboard notices.
- Fix: Bug causing disabled name field to be shown in sub forms.
- Fix: HTML entities in some trigger option fields were not being rendered properly.
- Security: Obfuscate debug log file location using hash in file.
- Security: Only allow users with permission to edit popup to toggle it on/off.
- Security: Add nonce to object search API requests
- Developer: New
- Developer: Lots of PHPCS notices cleaned up, more to come.
v1.17.1 – 12/04/2022
- Improvement: Update EDD Updater to latest for extension update handling.
- Improvement: Add handler for properly renaming extension folder names during update without manual reactivation by user.
- Tweak: Set proper default tab on Tools page.
- Tweak: Removed deprecated Scheduled Actions tab.
- Fix: Rendering issue with review request.
- Fix: ATC Cookie condition was preventing popup from loading.
v1.17.0 – 11/24/2022
- Improvement: Added contextual notification system to be able to notify site admins about important information including security notices, beta tests, extension sales & more without requiring a plugin update.
- Improvement: Render analytic reset times in server properly rather than UTC.
- Tweak: Remove all reference to
select2without the prefixed
pumselect2to prevent confusion and further isolate our dependencies from 3rd party interference.
v1.16.14 – 11/08/2022
- Version bump do to release issue.
v1.16.13 – 11/08/2022
- Improvement: Removed some complex functionalities that were no longer needed but causing intermittent issues.
- Improvement: Replace wp_remote_post with wp_remote_get for extension API calls to allow caching.
- Improvement: Fixed low quality images on welcome screen.
v1.16.12 – 10/26/2022
- Improvement: Optimize dashboard support page to load much quicker.
v1.16.11 – 10/25/2022
- Security: Cleaned up mustache js templates usage of unescaped output.
- Fix: Bug in
popup_closeshortcode’s when using
v1.16.10 – 10/18/2022
- Improvement: Added nonce to previews.
- Improvement: Standardizing coding standards, convert to short arrays.
- Improvement: First phase of a large clean up of older code.
- Fix: Recent improvements to conditions handling caused some issues in some cases.
- Fix: Bug caused by security patch in v1.16.9 which caused shortcodes to render content strangely.
v1.16.9 – 09/23/2022
v1.16.8 – 09/12/2022
- Fix: Error on widgets screen when using the new
Blockbased widget editor due to an old script being loaded.
- Fix: Previews were not working when popup was in draft status, or when not enabled. Now they always work.
- Fix: Error caused by non unicode characters when Debug Mode was enabled.
v1.16.7 – 04/05/2022
- Note: Bumped 2 versions as v1.16.6 may not have fully fixed it fully.
- Fix: Regression fix due to breaking content rendering.
v1.16.5 – 04/04/2022
- Improvement: Add precautionary escaping of some generated outputs. Shout out to @roelvb79 for the report.
- Improvement: Remove leftover console logging code.
- Fix: Typo in admin template rendering for cookie editor.
v1.16.4 – 01/25/2022
- Improvement: Prevent changing aria-hidden if its already set when showing a popup.
- Improvement: Remove usage of !important in several CSS rules.
- Improvement: Pass wp_get_environment_type to license server to prevent dev servers from taking a site activation.
- Improvement: Add new prerequisite checking class for extensions to use for more reliable activations.
- Improvement: Add new
- Fix: Remove unwanted outline when no focusable elements existed in popups.
v1.16.3 – 11/16/2021
- Improvement: Code cleanup/simplifications, and more inline documentation.
- Improvement: Added enhancements in the analytics systems for upcoming extension updates.
- Fix: Issue with width of some popup editor select fields.
v1.16.2 – 07/07/2021
- Improvement: All plugin images optimized for size. This only affects our admin pages.
- Improvement: Various label & text changes.
- Improvement: Improved focus when popups content is taller than screen and first focusable element is off screen.
- Fix: Focus trapping issue when no focusable elements within popup contents.
- Fix: Deprecated function parameter notices on PHP 8.
v1.16.1 – 03/21/2021
- Fix: WP <5.0 and ClassicPress saw errors in the admin for usage of WP_Block_Type_Registry. Issue #995
v1.16.0 – 03/09/2021
- Feature: Add ‘flush popup cache’ link in admin bar menu to quickly clear cached plugin JS & CSS files. Issue #931
- Improvement: Remove ‘Tools -> System Info’ page, use WP Site Health page instead. Issue #862
- Improvement: Accessibility forced focus can now focus main close button if nothing else is available. Issue #943
- Improvement: Updated admin form styles to match recent WP core changes. Issue #707
- Fix: Block previews failed to load for some 3rd party blocks. Issue #868. Thanks @ndiego
- Fix: Bug preventing saving “Sitewide” cookie option unchecked. Issue #642
- Fix: Removed Action Scheduler library due to edge case issues with no reasonable long term solutions. Issue #853
- Fix: Update integration with Contact Form 7 due to breaking changes in their recent v5.4 update. Issue #946
v1.15.0 – 01/12/2021
- Feature: Automatically enqueue popups when detected during page load Issue $543
- Improvement: Improvements to ‘Extend’ page Issue $913
- Improvement: Start working toward more consistent linking/documentation strategy
- Fix: Popup defaults() method only returns default values for checkbox fields Issue $927
- Fix: PUM_Telemetry triggers PHP warnings in (CLI) cron Issue $919
- Fix: pum-admin-bar Script Fails to Load Issue $907 Thanks @fluxism!
- Fix: JS error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property ‘popups’ of undefined Issue $635
- Fix: Undefined SCSS variable causing errors in building block components