Building a photography portfolio for WordPress should be easy. Here’s a plugin to help you with that!
Easy Photography Portfolio is based on the idea of albums with images that can optionally be grouped in categories!
By default, albums and images are displayed in a masonry gallery. You open up an album to see all the images. then click on an image to look at it closer.
I think it might be easier to explain with a demo.
Easy Photography Portfolio is extremely flexible, from the most basic to completely custom designs.
📌 Demo: Minimalist Portfolio
Minimalist Portfolio is a free WordPress theme – customized to look great with Easy Photography Portfolio plugin!
📚 Setup Tutorials
The plugin name gave it away – it’s really easy to set up a portfolio with it. And yet, here are some extra resources for you:
- Full setup guide – as close to documentation as you can get
- A-Z Photography Portfolio tutorial with Hamilton child theme (Minimalist Portfolio)
🎥 Video Tutorial
If detailed documentation and guides aren’t enough for you, watch the video tutorial:
Designed for Photographers
We love the WordPress community and wholeheartedly agree with the WordPress Philosophy.
Great software should work out of the box, without the user having to adjust oceans of buttons and knobs.
That’s why Photography Portfolio is designed to be as easy to use as possible.
Photography Portfolio plugin is founded upon years of experience in building Premium WordPress Themes for Photographers. We’ve seen it all, great and not-so-great websites, big names, and absolute beginners. We have crystallized the formula of a high-quality portfolio into a simple WordPress plugin that you can use with any WordPress theme or your custom WordPress site!
It all comes down to the simple structure of a real Portfolio book.
You own a Portfolio album for, let’s say your Wedding Photography. If you happen to do street Photography too, you also probably have another album that has only your best street photography prints.
That’s exactly what Photography Portfolio does for you online. You create albums, add images, and in case you have a huge portfolio, you can categorize albums too.
Then your visitors are able to open any album, quickly scan all of the images, or view them one by one. Simplicity is key!
Developed for Extensibility
Out of the box, Photography Portfolio is built using Masonry Layout (think Pinterest). Quite simply – it’s the layout most easily portable to any website layout while keeping the feel of the brand.
Warning: Developer language ahead.
You can easily extend the plugin with your own custom archive and single-view layouts. Customization is easy as Photography Portfolio plugin templates are based on
get_template_part() function, similar to the way WooCommerce plugin has a custom template function. That brings a lot of customization power to the table. Pick any part of the view, and append your own template bits or completely rewrite the templates.
This plugin requires at least PHP 5.4
- Upload “Photography Portfolio” plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add a few Portfolio entries in “Portfolio -> New Portfolio Entry”
- Make sure your portfolio entries have a thumbnail.
- That’s it! Enjoy your Portfolio!
How to use the plugin?
It’s quite easy to set up the plugin. Here are a few resources:
- Full setup guide – as close to documentation as you can get
- A-Z Photography Portfolio tutorial with Hamilton child theme
There is also a 7 minute video tutorial:
Is this Developer friendly? Any examples?
მონაწილეები & დეველოპერები
“Easy Photography Portfolio” ღია პროგრამული უზრუნველყოფაა. შემდეგმა ადამიანებმა წვილი შეიტანეს მის განვითარებაში.მონაწილეები
- Fixed Yoast SEO Compatibility issue
- Fixed WP Core Hooks compatibility issue
- This isn’t a significant major release, just a small increment.
- Fixed escaping issues
- Updated CMB to version 2.6.0
- Various minor improvements
- Fix: Bug which forced archive title & description
- Updated CMB to version 2.3.0 that fixes a problem in PHP 7.1+
- Gracefully deactivate plugin if PHP Requirements are not met
- Add Yoast SEO Compatibility. Go ahead – optimize your portfolio archive SEO! 🎯
- Fix Video Support
- Fix first plugin initialization process – automatically create the Portfolio page
- When creating Portfolio page, call it “Portfolio” instead of “Easy Photography Portfolio”
- Automatically center Photoswipe Captions
- Code clean-ups 🚰
- Fix PhotoSwipe asset name collisions with WooCommerce
- Update Dashboard UI
- Fix Single Column spacing in themes that don’t natively support Easy Photography Portfolio
- New Portfolio Layout: Single Column in Single Portfolio Entries 🏛
- Clean up a lot of the code 🚿
- 🔥 Major changes in template loading! From now on tempaltes are loaded through hooks, so you can tap into before AND after ANY template part has been loaded.
- 🛠 Deprecate quite a few actions because they’re not needed anymore!:
- 🛠 Add
phort_detach_template()functions to easily attach or remove template files
- Enable “show_in_rest” for Gutenberg Compatibility!
- Change PhotoSwipe.js queue handles from
- As promised, a bug was introduced in 1.3.0 🐞
- Fixed bug where portfolio would completely break down if pop-up galleries were disabled
- No additional bugs introduced in this version 😇
- It’s finally here! You asked for it, and now it’s here! Drumroll please!
- 🥁 🥁 🥁 🥁 🥁 🍗 🥁
- 🎉 Added option to set a single portfolio gallery as your home page!
- 🎉 Added option to set a portfolio category as your home page!
- 🎉 Added option to hide gallery captions in post-view while showing them in pop-up galleries!
- Also, some under-the hood moficiations for the way galleries are handled. Makes it easier to style the plugin
- Also, fixed bugs 🐛
- Most probably introduced a bug or two with the new homepage functionality!
- What do you call a lazy doctor? Dr. Do Little. 👀
- 🛠 Deprecate
phort_entry_data_attributein favor of
- Fixed bugs. 🐜
- Improve custom portfolio query compatiblity
- Improve default layout styling
- Code clean-ups 🛁
- Add new hook
phort/layout/init– run before the view genertation has started
- Make masonry fit the PP_Wrapper from edge to edge
- Only create “Easy Photography Portfolio” page when “Portfolio” doesn’t exist
- Add function
- Automatically open the popup gallery based on the URL 🤘
- Add an alternative pop-up gallery – PhotoSwipe 🖼
- Add full support for captions and descriptions 🎉 🎉 🎉
- Rename app[.css|.js} to photography-portfolio[.css|.js]
- Enqueue libraries separately instead of bundling everyting into libs.js
- Don’t rely on underscore.js anymore
- Don’t load jQuery Masonry when it’s not needed
- Increase gallery z-index to fix popup gallery display poorly coded themes
- Fix plugin in themes that don’t load jQuery
- Add password protection support
- Fix compatibility issue with WooCommerce. Thank you @miraaz for reporting it.
- Increase the /portfolio/ archive limit from default WP setting to 100
- Fix lightGallery social sharing issues, for real.
- Close the whole gallery on ESC key
- Add options to disable thumbnails or hide them by default
- CSS Improvements
- Reorganize settings this much -> 👌
- Make a few more strings translatable
- Translations are now working!
phort.lazy.loaded_itemafter each lazy-loading item has loaded
- Fix lightGallery social sharing issues
- Improve inline documentation
- Better masonry alignment
- Better default setting management. Defaults are now used by….default. Even before the options object is populated. Yay.
- Set image height to auto, because as it turns out some themes don’t do that out of the box.
phort_set_defaults, deprecate setting defaults with hooks
- Refactor a lot of code, hopefully making it easier to read
- You’re actually reading this. I like you. Here, have a cookie 🍪
- Show a message with a link to a setup guide when the plugin is activated
- Add a default portfolio entry if none already exist
- Add a default portfolio page and automatically set it up in the settings
- Add a settings link in plugins page
- Update Tested up to tag
- Add option to disable the popup gallery
- Add WPML Compitability ( thanks to @vukvukovich from WPML )
- Update CMB2
- Make sure images have 100% max width, some themes don’t do that by default
- Add actions for to make it easier to tap into the templates:
- Make sure all top level template wrappers utilize
- More elaborate plugin settings with dropdowns instead of checkboxes
- Add permalink class
- Always make sure an image exists before trying to display it
- Add function
- Add play button overlay on videos
- Validate layouts before returning
- Correctly set-up postdata in single portfolio layouts
- Revolutionary new UI when creating a new portfolio entry ( fixed subtitle alignment )
- Hide layout setting dropdowns if there are no layouts to choose from.
- Clarify code and comments
- By default load 100 portfolio entries. If you need more, you’re responsible for displaying them properly. Why would you need a portfolio with more than 100 albums ?
- Remove filter
- Introduce filter
- Allow themes/plugins to modify EPP Defaults
- Fix broken portfolio links
- Other minor improvements
- First Release!